I posted something (plus a bunch of comments) on Facebook that belongs here:
- I propose an amendment to Useful, Usable and Desirable: RELIABLE. Who’s in?
- Reliability is knowing that when you go to use a thing that it will work as expected.
- The problem with most software design today is that it is embedded in bad service design, a.k.a. nonintentional service design.
- The problem with most software design today is that it is embedded in bad service design, aka nonintentional service design.
- Bad design = nonintentional design = mere engineering
- Engineering is a specialized subdiscipline of design, not the other way around as most industrially-minded folks still think.